I thought I lost this when my computer shut down, but it saved after all! Here you go, savemefromsanity
Five facts about me:
1) I am an empath. That basically means that I am always awash in the emotions of my environment- people, colors, noises, smells, etc. When another person walks into the room with me, I am immediately tuned in to their mood. On a good day, I can tune out unpleasant emotions or use my own feelings to create destructive interference. On a bad day, other people’s energy pulls me out of whack like a riptide. On a normal day, I cry at least once about trees.
2) I’m a dog person. Cats don’t like me. I like cats when they aren’t mine. (Although is it really fair to say that cats belong to anyone?)
3) Of any mythical creature, I’ve always empathized the most with werewolves. As a kid I was fascinated with them- I even added a fair amount of content to the wiki back when that was a thing. (Psychoanalyze away, Hannah.)
4) I’m queer????? Is this a surprise to anyone by now????? Am I cheating by using this?????? (Queer to me means that I don’t believe in or ascribe to the gender binary. Thus, it doesn’t make sense to define my identity as only male/female nor does it follow to define my sexuality as gay/straight. That said, I’m not picky about language (so don’t feel obligated to address me any particular way) and I understand the need for gendered boundaries and language pickiness in other peoples’ identities. (so I am obligated to respect other peoples’ gender/pronouns)
5) I DO believe in the divine feminine/divine masculine- that is, I believe that there is a dual nature to creation. Yin/yang, negative/positive, egg/sperm. I just don’t believe that singular humans fully embody one or the other.
Hit shuffle on your music library and write down the first 10 songs
1) Music Takes Me Up- Mr Scruff, Alice Russel
2) Secure Yourself- Indigo Girls
3) Animal- Against Me!
4) Better Together- Jack Johnson
5) An Old Peasant Like Me- Explosions In The Sky
6) Monsoon (Tera Bina)- Ram Dass
7) My Way- Slapstick
8) Blurry-Eyed Worries- Bronze Radio Return
9) Rivers and Roads- The Head and the Heart
10) The Curse of the Curves- Cute Is What We Aim For